Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bsi 1,403.98 +14.52 +1.03%

The new, more inclusive, face of teenage pregnancy sends the Market to another day of gains.

No, not her...

BUY

Trouble the Water

More compelling personal drama than disaster documentary, this picture tells the rather complicated stories of two people who decided to ride out Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.



SELL

Tyler Perry As An Artist

No one over here has ever been bullish on Perry, but it's clear he has an audience.  What he isn't is someone who has ANY idea of what happens in the professional landscape on which he exists, but won't hesitate to complain about not getting respect in Hollywood.  If the results of his hurried projects aren't enough proof, there's also this quote from a recent interview about his upcoming role in J.J. Abrams' upcoming "Star Trek" movie.

It was when Abrams personally called and admitted to being a fan that Perry did some resarch, because he honestly didn't know who the "Lost" creator was.

"When I found out the things he had done and had a conversation with him and saw him work I knew right away he was a kindred soul.  I think he's the Jewish version of me...
Then, for the Trekkies, there's this,
Perry, who is rumored to play the head of Starfleet Academy, admits, "I've never been a fan of 'Star Tred.' I don't know anything about it.  Just remember someone saying, 'Beam me up,' while I was walking through the den and looking at the television going, 'What the hell is that?'"

"Say what?!?"